The SimSAGS model use daily rainfall to predict soil moisture, predicts plant growth, predicts herbivore forage
intake and consequent livestock and wildlife animal population dynamics via growth, reproduction and mortality.
- modular : climate, soil, plant, animal
- integrated systems model with feedbacks
- animal management strategies
- pastoralist: coping with drought
- commercial: market dynamics
- socio-economic integration
Citation: Derry, J.F. (2006) SimSAGS. Simulation of a Semi-arid Grazing System [online]. http://sags.bio.ed.ac.uk/ [Accessed ON DATE].